Monday, March 2, 2009

Appointment Results

After an excruciating two-HOUR wait, we saw the gastroenterologist for three minutes. In that three minutes, he basically said that we should have the labs re-run and "watch" Micah to see if he develops symptoms such as loss of weight or appetite (Ha! This kid eats us out of house and home.), fatigue or muscle aches.

Predictably, the GI doc wasn't thrilled that we're taking Micah to my doctor, but that doesn't deter us. We're used to that reaction from physicians. I wish I had a nickel for every time a medical professional snubbed his (or her) nose at the one protocol that has actually helped me feel better and function well, not to mention brought my liver panel results completely within the normal ranges for the first time in almost 20 years. You would think my experience alone would be enough to convince them that what allopathic medicine has to offer for auto-immune disorders is inadequate at best. Okay, I'll get down off my soap box now.

Bottom line: We will continue to pray for Micah's healing and follow both our God-given parental intuition and God-given guidance. He hasn't steered us wrong yet.

1 comment: