Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Lazy Sunday

I spent a lot of time reading the Psalms last night, probably the reason I slept a little better. I was up early and off to church. I'm thankful for my job coordinating the children's Sunday school classes, especially today, since it gives me something positive to focus on. The kids' smiles brightened my morning, and I'm always inspired by the creativity and energy of the faithful teachers. Besides, busy is good on a day like today.

I've missed my family this weekend, but I've also enjoyed the solitude. All this unstructured time has allowed me to pray and read more, relax in the tub and take a long Sunday afternoon nap. God feels close today, but what I struggle with is the reality that He is always close, regardless of how I feel.

Steve and the kids arrived home, safe and sound but tired, about 8:00. Micah begged Daddy to set up the Wii, which he did while I unpacked their bags. They bowled and boxed to their hearts' content, then headed for their beds. I took special pleasure in tucking each of them in tonight, maybe because they've been gone, or maybe because of my heightened awareness of how they bless my life. Either way, as I crawled into my own bed tonight, everything seemed (almost) right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment